How to share location via SMS on Android smartphones
There are times when we are in a situation where you do not have an internet connection but are in need of sharing our place with friends and family. There are several ways to share space, but most of them require an internet connection. With the introduction of RCS (Rich Communication Services), SMS has come a long way as it now supports several multimedia content sharing, including sites. Because the SMS service is expected to work without the need for an internet connection, it also allows users to share their location without it. The ability to share space on Android smartphones via SMS has always been one of the most overlooked features and in this article, we will tell you how to share your location via SMS with your friends and family.
- Download the Android Messages app from the Google Play Store if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Cancel the app and leave all necessary permissions. I also made sure to set it as a smartphone’s standard SMS app.
- Now click on the ‘Start Chat’ button
- Enter phone number manually or select from the contact list
- Now press the ‘+’ icon from the chat window
- Scroll down and look for the ‘Maps’ option and press it 7. In the next window, click ‘Send this place’ to share